It’s great when you have lots of time to prepare for something important. But life doesn’t always happen that way. Sometimes you have to move quickly and do the best you can with the time you have.
Say, for example, you had to get your house ready for sale, and you only had a week to do so. What could you do in those few days to make your home as attractive as possible to potential buyers? Here are some ideas:
- Clean the house from top to bottom. Make it look “guest ready”.
- Get rid of as much clutter as possible. If necessary, put some things in storage. Try to make every room look organized and spacious.
- Get all minor repairs done.
- Paint. It’s the fastest and cheapest way to dramatically improve the look of any room.
- Don’t forget the outdoors. Prune the hedges, sweep the walkways, and deal with any potential eyesores — such as a rusted old bike stowed in the side yard.
- Place some fresh flowers in the dining room and outside next to the front door.
- Depersonalize your house as much as possible. For example, stow away family pictures. You want buyers to imagine themselves living there, not you.
This is just a partial list of ideas. We’ll give you more tips on preparing your house so that it sells quickly and for the right price.