We love outdoor living spaces. Not only do they add a whole new place to hangout to your home, they really do help you live a better, healthier life. Being outside is good for your soul. So, creating a gorgeous, dreamy outdoor space seems essential when putting your mark on the house you already love.
Because we’re right in the middle of summer, chances are, you’re already spending a good deal of time outdoors. But do you love your outdoor space? Does it call your name after a long day of work? If not, we’re got some tips for you to help you reinvent it.
Some of these ideas will help you touch up and tweak an already well-designed space. Others are helpful if you need a total overhaul.
Here are 6 tips for creating the outdoor space of your dreams:
- Use pavers to create a budget patio: Decks and patios are wonderful things. They can become the perfect place to sit back and relax, do yoga, or even work! But they cant be costly. A more budget-friendly way to add some actual living space to the outdoors is to put down some pavers. Then, you can go about adding couches, a table and chairs, hammocks, and whatever else you want!
- Insert a place to eat a meal: One of the absolute best parts about creating an outdoor space is that it doubles as another dining room. Eating outdoors is a must in the spring and summertime. You can find all kinds of cool outdoor tables for low prices at second-hand stores or even on online swaps, too. A rustic, old table can become an absolute show-stopper with a bit of touching up.
- Incorporate shade: We love the summer sun, but having a bit of shade to relax in is important for making your space feel zen. And it’s not all that hard to achieve. There are certainly pricey ways to get some shade, but budget umbrellas over seating areas, hanging tarps, or even adding a pergola can be most cost-effective. And they all look beautiful! Think about the kind of look you want and go from there.
- Make it social: Even if you don’t have friends over on the regular, having a bit of space in your yard to socialize has huge perks. It also ups your resale value! Make sure when you’re designing your outdoor space, you make room for guests.
- Infuse nature: One of the biggest reasons that designing an outdoor space is so fun is because the natural elements are everywhere, therefore easy to use to your benefit. Whether you’re creating your outdoor space under a shady tree, or nestled right up against your house, you can infuse the natural elements. Plant some gorgeous flowers, decorate with ferns, and make it come alive. Nature is all around.
You’ve got this!