Say you’re shopping for a new home. Your goal is to find the ideal property, in a neighborhood that is just right for you, within a price range that you can afford.
What do you need — at minimum — to get started?
If you’re looking for ways to get your ducks in a row, here are some suggestions:
- A property wish list. What does your ideal home look like? How many bedrooms does it need to have? Do you require a spacious recreational room? A large deck? A pool? A nice view? Get your wish list down on paper.
- A neighborhood wish list. Where you live is just as important as what you live in. What qualities are you looking for in a neighborhood? A nearby park? Walking distance to a good school? Hiking trails? A shorter drive to work? Write it down.
- A pre-approved mortgage. Getting the financing handled up front takes the guesswork out of what you can afford. Home sellers will also take any offers you make more seriously.
- Realistic expectations. 99.9% of homes sell at or near the current market rates. So don’t expect to find a bargain that no one else has noticed. We can help you understand which homes, in which neighborhoods, are available within your price range.
- Action Realty. Choosing the right real estate professional is crucial to making your home shopping experience less stressful and more productive. It also dramatically increases your chances of finding a home that fits your needs and budget.
Looking for more advice on finding your next dream home? Call today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.